- Mariners land Lind from Brewers.
After the lightning round last night, the Winter Meetings are in full swing as HUMP day kicks off in TN. We broke down last night’s major moves for the Chicago Cubs already this morning, so check it out. Even though Twitter may not have agreed completely, Ben Zobrist was a major improvement for a Cubs team that needed his type of on-base and contact ability in their lineup last year.
With that, let’s get into the news coming out of TN already this morning. As always, the original post will be lower as the day goes on and updates will be at the top of the article.
- Not everyone is a fan of the Zobrist and Castro moves.
- Rosenthal tweets that Baez and Zobrist on the same team is a dream scenario for Maddon.
- MLB News tweets that Cubs are still in the market and running for either Jason Heyward or Denard Span.
- According to Rosenthal again, the Nationals are in the running for Mike Leake. Would this make Strasburg available?
- The Orioles, rumored to be in on either Adam Lind or Mitch Moreland are now showing interest in Forean OF Hyun-Soo Kim instead.
- The Orioles are also still talking with Boras on a Chris Davis deal, but may be pivoting to Justin Upton soon.
- The Marlins were looking to purge Major League rosters in any deal for Fernandez.
- Adam Lind may be very close to heading to Seattle.
Be sure to follow the blog or subscribe for notifications to keep up with all the moves out of Nashville!