Today was a big day for several prospects in the Cubs system. Here is just a quick look at what moves were made just before the draft:
- Albert Almora got the call to the show yesterday. He even got an opportunity to pinch hit. Today he made a great throw from the outfield to nail a runner trying to tag up and got his first major league hit. Congrats Albert!
- Word on the street is that we may see Wilson Contreras soon. Stay tuned!
- Jaimer Candelario got call to hit Iowa. It was a bit of a surprise because he was off to a slow start. But he did impress Joe Maddon with his work in Spring training. We hope to see a better 2nd half for the 22 year old.
- Mark Zagunis also heard his named called to head to Iowa. He too started off slowly but over the past month has a line of .309/.412/.515. He was highlighted by David McKenzie here.
- Trey Martin moves up the ladder from Myrtle Beach. The 24 year old has spent a little over a year at Myrtle Beach and currently has a line of .233/.308/.267.
- Daniel Lockhart also gets the call to move up. The 23 year old second baseman has a line of .244/.290/.370.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans:
- David Bote has been assigned to the Pelicans from the Iowa Cubs. The 23 year old second basemen has been on the shuttle between AAA and A+ for the past 2 years.
- Andrew Ely gets promoted from South Bend. The 23 year old middle infield has a line of .295/.368/.398
Congrats to all. Go get ’em boys!